Nina Rapi is an award winning playwright and short story writer. Her plays have been produced/presented in venues such as: Riverside studios, Soho studio theatre, Southbank Centre (London Literature Festival); Tristan Bates, ICA, Gielgud Theatre (West End Shorts Season); the National Theatre of Greece & Theatro Technis (Analogio Festivals), Estaca Zero Teatro, Portugal and Pirani, India. She is the recipient of: two Arts Council writing awards, a group award (Raymond Williams), a Best Play Award (BITS Festival, India), High Recommendation (Future Perfect competition). She has also been shortlisted in numerous competitions, including BBC international short story competition.
Analyses of her work and her own essays have been published by Cambridge University Press, Routledge, Harwood, Mimesis Edizioni, amongst others. She is the Founding Editor of BRAND Literary Magazine. She has taught Creative Writing at the University of London and Greenwich University for many years. Her latest collection of stories State of Fugue was published in Athens in 2014. The same year, her libretto Raven (composer K. Kritsotakis) was performed at the Onassis Cultural Centre, S.G.T.
She was born and brought up in Greece but has spent most of her life in London. She now lives in Athens.
- You’re just a butterfly…a few moments of brilliance, 2016 (short)
- Angelstate, 2015 & 2006
- Floating /Xωρίς σώμα, χωρίς χρόνο και τόπο, 2015 (short)
- Wild Beats/Άγριες Νότες, 2015 & 2014
- Love, yeah! 2014 (monologue)
- Kiss the Shadow, 2010
- Edgewise/Ακροβασία, 2010 & 2003
- Mrs Jones Matters, 2010 (monologue)
- Reasons to Hide, 2009
- Gentle Persuasion, 2006 (short)
- Tricky, 2001 (monologue)
- No Trouble, 2001
- Lovers, 2000
- Josie’s Restrooms, 2000 (monologue)
- Dangerous oasis, 1993 (monologue)
- Dance of Guns, 1992
- Dreamhouse, 1991
- Johnny is dead, 1990 (monologue)
- Critical Moments, 1990 (trilogy of shorts)
- Ithaka, 1989
Photo by Christos Kyriazidis